New year, new HubSpot updates! Around the turn of the year and during January 2022 HubSpot launched a great deal of new updates that we have reviewed and listed in this very blog post. These new updates got us excited - especially the scheduled workflow trigger functionality that enables you to trigger HubSpot workflows on custom, pre-defined intervals. We also cheered for the brand new Sales Hub update offering you the ability to send specific meeting times in an email - no more unnecessary calendar blocking! Learn more about these and the various other updates in this blog post.
Marketing & CMS Hub
Custom objects properties available in forms
- What is it about: You can now pull in custom object properties into your HubSpot forms.
- What are the benefits: Previously you were only able to have fields for contact properties but now you can also add fields for your custom object to update the records. Update is available for Marketing Hub Enterprise users.
Company properties available in forms
- What is it about: You can now pull in company properties into your HubSpot forms.
- What are the benefits: HubSpot now supports company properties on Forms, opening up a whole new world of functionality including closing a long standing request and improving the ABM offering.
Dedicated IP setup in the Domain Manager
- What is it about: HubSpot users with the dedicated IP add-on can now setup DNS for their IP within the domain manager, and the setup is like setting up any other domain at HubSpot.
- What are the benefits: HubSpot users can now easily set up the IP themselves, whereas previously it required help from HubSpot’s email deliverability team. Update is available for HubSpot Marketing Pro and Enterprise users.
Sales & Service Hub
Send specific meeting times in an email
- What is it about: HubSpot now offers the ability to users to select and send specific times to a prospect or customer in an email.
- What are the benefits: Users will be able to explore their own availability and select specific times that work best for them. Recipients will receive selected times and be able to schedule a meeting in only two clicks. No more blocking your calendar - now you can just choose slots on your calendar via gmail. This is an update the Kaksio team loves already!!
Embedded Workflows within Sequences automation
- What is it about: Change sequence’s behavior through embedded workflows.
- What are the benefits: HubSpot now offers the ability to change sequence’s behavior through embedded workflows. This functionality will allow users to select ways to automate sequence enrollment and unenrollment by building custom workflows within the sequence. The update takes away the manual effort of getting through lists and manually enrolling or unenrolling people. Now this all can be handled at once in the sequence’s automation settings. Update is available for HubSpot Sales Pro and Enterprise users.
Python support in workflow custom code actions
- What is it about: Custom code actions now support Python.
11 more Data Sync Integrations
- What is it about: Every month HubSpot adds more Integrations that are available for syncing with the Data Sync by HubSpot. This month HubSpot added 11 more:
- RedTail CRM
- Exact Online
CRM & Integrations
Rich text CRM property (BETA)
- What is it about: With this update, HubSpot users will be able to format and style text stored in CRM properties using the new Rich Text property type.
- What are the benefits: Previously HubSpot had a certain amount of property types, such as, single line text, drop down, multiple choice and date picker. Whereas, now you can utilize the rich text CRM property meaning you can add versatile information, including different fonts, images and emojis, to the property information field. This way properties can be easily customized - who doesn’t love that?! Update is currently in BETA, contact your dedicated contact person to have access.
Scheduled workflow triggers
- What is it about: You can now trigger HubSpot workflows on custom, pre-defined intervals, to better support your recurring processes.
- What are the benefits: Schedule workflow triggers in advance to support your recurring processes and to improve efficiency of the workflows. Set up a recurring trigger that repeats the actions at a specific date and time. For example, you can automate data quality and clean up on a regular basis. Or you can automate internal communications and tasks such as sending a slack message to your team every Monday morning reminding them of their tasks. You can even schedule your tickets to be updated every single day to see how long they have been open for. Update is available for HubSpot Pro and Enterprise users.
Associate custom objects on tasks
- What is it about: View and identify tasks that have associated custom objects.
- What are the benefits: HubSpot users will finally be able to view and identify tasks that have associated custom objects while in the tasks app. You can also run queues that are based on a custom object. For example, if you have a recruitment process going on, you can create a task that reminds you to answer to a candidate or review applications and then associate that directly with a custom object. Update is available for HubSpot Enterprise users.
Contact Timezone property
- What is it about: HubSpot is adding the timezone to the contact object as a new property on the CRM.
- What are the benefits: We at Kaksio Labs say "woop woop" for this update. The timezone property will be predefined with over 500 time zones. HubSpot will be working to add timezone to the task app so that sales reps can organize their tasks based on time zone.
Contact indicators in Gmail
- What is it about: When composing emails in Gmail, known HubSpot CRM contacts will now appear with a HubSpot sprocket next to their name.
- What are the benefits: Now whenever you’re writing a mail in Gmail you can see who is already a contact in HubSpot and who is not. So, when you’re sending an email and the person is in your HubSpot portal as a contact they’ll have the HubSpot logo beside them.
New search experience in the Files Manager
- What is it about: The search experience in the Files tool is being updated and you can now search for files via the search in your portal.
- What are the benefits: HubSpot has been working throughout 2021 to mirror the files structure on the platform and as a part of that work the search experience is now being updated to use the platform-standard CRM search. In addition to contacts, companies and settings now you can also search for files.
Two new categories added to the App Marketplace
- What is about: Two new categories have been added to the HubSpot App Marketplace: Learning Management System and Partner Relationship Management.
- What are the benefits: HubSpot users can find and filter apps using these categories.