Once again HubSpot has listened to us and made our dreams come true. There are plenty of new functions available for all the HubSpot users out there, and when we say plenty - we truly mean that. This month HubSpot launched an impressive amount of new functions, including the association improvements in all Hubs, embedded attribution reporting function in campaigns tool that provides you with a holistic way of measuring campaign performance and the multi-step custom survey functionality which helps you to break the survey into shorter sections by grouping the questions. So, here we go again - HubSpot updates of the month reviewed and explained for you. Let’s dive in!
Marketing & CMS Hub
Embedded Attribution Reporting (BETA)
- What is it about: The campaign reporting tool will now include embedded attribution reporting, providing customers with a holistic way of measuring campaign performance.
- What are the benefits: There are a lot of different functionalities within the campaigns tool but the one thing that has been missing is the revenue attribution, so the embedded attribution reporting functionality. As you may have guessed by now, that is the latest update within the campaigns tool enabling you to see how much revenue can be attributed to a specific campaign. As the functionality is embedded, there is no need to hop into a different tool. The update is available for Marketing Hub Pro and Enterprise users and is currently in public beta. Please note, that Marketing Pro Hub users will only have access to contact create attribution reports.
HubL Functionality for Sections on Pages
- What is it about: Marketers and HubSpot CMS Developers can now save specific sections in the page editor, then copy the HubL that is generated from the section to use as a head start in building their own custom sections.
- What are the benefits: Instead of having to create a HubL template from scratch using the HubSpot’s syntax you’re now able to create new ones using the already existing section and converting that into a HubL. This new function makes it a lot easier to create pages and reuse different assets. The update is available for Marketing Hub Pro and Enterprise users as well as all CMS Hub users.
Page Metadata Description in SEO Recs (BETA)
- What is it about: HubSpot has updated their SEO recommendations and the following meta description based recommendations in SEO Recs Home will now display the page meta description from the most recent domain scan: address pages with duplicate meta description, remove title from meta description and shorten meta description.
- What are the benefits: You don’t have to know a lot about SEO to be able to optimize your pages, because HubSpot is there to do it for you. The recommendation tool will tell you about duplicate meta descriptions as well as provide recommendations about shortening the meta description after the domain scan. The update is available for Marketing and CMS Hub Pro and Enterprise users.
Sales & Service Hub
Deal Stage Forecasting
- What is it about: See deals grouped by stage and use the information to project revenue in a more efficient way and without complicated setup or configuration.
- What are the benefits: With this update you’re able to see deals grouped by the stage instead of the categories that you create for forecasting. This way you’re able to gain understanding of how much value you’ve got in your pipeline and how well your team is performing with just one glance. The update is available for Sales Hub Pro and Enterprise users.
Multi-Step Custom Feedback Survey (BETA)
- What is it about: Break surveys into multiple steps by grouping similar questions together and adding logic of your choosing.
- What are the benefits: Filling out a long survey can be exhausting to some customers or stakeholders. HubSpot has now enabled the ability to break the surveys into shorter sections by grouping the similar questions together and adding logic so that customers are only answering questions that are relevant. What you’re going to do is add a new module to your survey template creating the ability to click “next” to the following page instead of clicking submit. This update makes the feedback surveys much more adjustable. The update is available for Service Hub Pro and Enterprise users and is currently in the public beta stage.
Post Chat Feedback Collection (BETA)
- What is it about: Post feedback survey on a chat conversation to collect customer satisfaction feedback.
- What are the benefits: Customer service agents can now collect feedback on their chat conversations, directly from within the chat and immediately after the chat conversation is closed. Feedback can be collected from chatbots as well. This way you’re able to collect feedback right after the conversation has happened. The update is available for Service Hub Pro and Enterprise customers and is currently in the public beta.
Question Bank for Custom Feedback Surveys
- What is it about: Select previously used survey questions from a question bank to to easily build custom feedback surveys.
- What are the benefits: This is another update that makes your work a lot easier and quicker. HubSpot has created a question bank for feedback surveys where you can access all of your previous survey questions. Select any of your previously used questions from the question bank by dragging and dropping it to your new custom survey. In order to eliminate duplicate questions, once a question is used on a survey it will no longer be available in the question bank for that specific survey. The update is available for Service Hub Pro and Enterprise users.
Update workflows with Google Sheets
- What is it about: Through the Google Sheets workflow integration you can now update existing rows within your sheet.
- What are the benefits: Previously the data you exported to Google Sheets using the workflow integration was static but now you’re able to actually update the existing rows in addition to creating new ones within your sheet. This update makes it easier to export data and update information in case you need to, for example, do reporting in a different system and in order to do that you want to export some deal related data. The update is available to all Hubs that have access to workflows (Marketing, Sales, Service) on the Professional and Enterprise levels.
QuickBooks Workflow Actions (BETA)
- What is it about: There are now three QuickBooks workflow actions available for deal and quote based workflows: 1) Create a QuickBooks invoice, 2) create a QuickBooks estimate and 3)create a QuickBooks sales receipt.
- What are the benefits: This update saves time for everyone out there using QuickBooks - no more worrying about API connectors or finding third party integrations. Now you can just integrate these systems and use your workflows. The update is available for all Hubs that have access to workflows.
CRM & Integrations
App Marketplace Reaches 1000+ Apps
- What is it about: The HubSpot App Marketplace has officially reached more than 1000 apps that span use cases in marketing, sales, service and more.
- What are the benefits: We at Kaksio Labs absolutely love the fact that HubSpot is committed to integrate with as many systems as possible. Many companies rely on integrations to grow their business and this milestone helps solidify HubSpot as a system of record. While you’re scrolling through the apps, remember to check out the Timeline Visualizer App that we have created!
Microsoft Teams Integration (BETA)
- What is it about: HubSpot has launched the new Microsoft Teams Integration that enables HubSpot users to send Microsoft Teams meeting links as well as receive Hubspot notifications in Microsoft Teams.
- What are the benefits: Previously HubSpot users didn’t have many options when it came to Microsoft Teams and meeting links. Now with this update you’re able to add Microsoft Teams within the meetings links and add that link to any of your calendar invites that are created through HubSpot. This update makes any sales process a little bit more smooth without having to worry about using a different meeting platform or taking extra steps to access the meetings link. The update is currently in public beta so you may need to ask for access.
Use Slack to Reach HubSpot Records
- What is it about: HubSpot’s Slack Integration now has the ability to search for HubSpot records directly from Slack.
- What are the benefits: Great news for all the Slack users out there! You can now search for HubSpot records, like contact information or deal data, while you’re in Slack to avoid hopping in between different tools and systems.
Add Products from Shopify and Four Other Apps as Line Items on Deals and Quotes
- What is it about: Use your Shopify products synced into HubSpot as line items on deals and quotes.
- What are the benefits: This new functionality has been long-awaited among all the HubSpot’s Ecommerce customers, enabling the consistency of the product information between systems. Previously you were only able to add the line items that were created within HubSpot but now you can use your Shopify products as well as products synced from other apps built on the Ecommerce Bridge API (including Shopify Sync by Unific, WooCommerce by MakeWebBetter, Magento Connector for HubSpot, Prestashop by Tirelineas and other custom integrations) as line items on deals and quotes as well.
Add Products from QuickBooks as Line Items on Deals and Quotes
- What is it about: Use QuickBooks products synced into HubSpot as line items on deals and quotes.
- What are the benefits: As well as the previous update, this one also ensures that product information is consistent between systems, allowing you to create deals and quotes with the most up to date product information and ensuring invoices and sales receipts are accurate.
- What is it about: Additional improvements on associations. Now you’re able to use the labels for recording, filtering and workflows.
- What are the benefits: Earlier HubSpot launched the ability to create labels for the associations between different objects. First users were able to, for example, label what association a certain company has with a contact. Now users are able to use the labels for recording, filtering and workflows. For example, let’s say you want to trigger an automated email to be sent to contacts with a certain label. You can set up the workflow in the association settings to only send the email to the contacts that are associated with a certain company and labelled with a certain label - now your automated email doesn’t get sent to all contacts associated with the certain company but only to those with the certain label.
Scatter Plots in Custom Reports Builder (BETA)
- What is it about: The custom report builder now supports a scatter plot visualization, which is best used when looking to observe and visually display the relationship between multiple variables.
- What are the benefits: HubSpot is currently developing the reporting and has now added a new chart type, scatter plots. Scatter plots help show the relationship between variables and identify trends and outliers within a dataset. Maybe you want to see the most recent deal amount compared to a country or the most recent deal amount compared to a lead score? Get creative, since you can probably come up with the best use case for this update in your daily work. The update is available for HubSpot Pro and Enterprise users and is currently in the public beta so you may have to request access.
Sample Reports in Custom Reports Builder (BETA)
- What is it about: Sample reports are now available in the Custom report builder.
- What are the benefits: This is another reporting related update. The sample reports are now available in the custom report builder, giving users a starting point when creating custom reports and answering the top questions companies are looking to answer. Now whenever you’re creating a new custom report you’ll be able to see and choose different sample reports and different objects depending on what kind of report you’re creating. The update definitely saves a lot of time and all the objects can be edited, so even if you change your mind later, you don’t have to create the entire report from scratch. The update is available for HubSpot Pro and Enterprise users and is currently in the public beta so you may have to request access.
Smart Chart in Custom Reports (BETA)
- What is it about: There’s a new, easier mode to help build reports when using the custom report builder.
- What are the benefits: When using smart chart within custom reports, fields will be automatically arranged into a recommended chart type. With smart chart enabled, HubSpot will set up the chart axes and type based on the fields added. For those, who do not consider themselves as masters of reporting or just want to make the report building easier, this is a wonderful update. Based on the properties and information pulled to the report HubSpot can now recommend the type of charts that would fit the best in that type of report. The update is available for HubSpot Pro and Enterprise users and is currently in the public beta.
SSO Now Available for Trials
- What is it about: Setup and login with HubSpot’s single sign-on feature, ensuring your customers can test SSO prior to purchase.
- What are the benefits: This new feature enables testing the SSO prior to purchase, which is a good security measure to have in place. To set it up, a prospect in any enterprise trial can simply follow the SSO setup knowledge base article. From there they can ensure the SSO feature meets their needs and works as expected. The update is available for HubSpot Enterprise users.
Select Hublet on Signup
- What is about: New customers that are signing up to create a portal are now able to choose where they want their data to be hosted.
- What are the benefits: After the EU Hublet (EU data centre) was launched in July 2021, HubSpot users were automatically assigned to either the EU or the US Hublet based on their location. HubSpot still recommends the Hublet based on user location but this recommendation can now be overridden during signup, giving users the power to choose where they want their portal to be hosted.