This April was all about the Service Hub relaunch. There are lots of exciting new features within the three customer service components alongside the already existing ones. The freshly relaunched Service Hub helps you provide comprehensive customer support and improve your overall customer experience. In case you’re interested to dive straight away in the new service Hub features, jump over to the Sales and Service Hub section. Otherwise, we will once again present in this very blog post the latest updates of each Hub starting from Marketing and CMS Hub. Let’s get started!
Marketing & CMS Hub
Associate Forms with your Marketing Campaigns (BETA)
- What is it about: HubSpot Forms can now be associated with Marketing Campaigns in HubSpot.
- What are the benefits: Utilize and associate HubSpot forms with your marketing campaigns. This update includes forms embedded on HubSpot pages but also forms embedded on external websites and content management systems. The update is currently in BETA and will be available for Marketing Hub Pro and Enterprise users.
Marketing Automation at Starter (Email/Forms) (BETA)
- What is it about: HubSpot has now added a simple marketing automation in email and forms for all the starter level HubSpot users.
- What are the benefits: Exciting news for all the Marketing Hub Starter users out there! Marketing automation at Starter level enables, for example, sending a follow up email after a form submission. The workflow tool is based on the same UI and interface that Pro and Enterprise level users are using but there are going to be less actions to be used at the starter level - still there are lots of different actions to explore and to utilize. This definitely is a great opportunity to see and dig deeper into HubSpot functionalities, and also understand the value in those functionalities when it comes to business. The update is currently in BETA so you may have to reach out to your CAM or CC to have access.
Sales & Service Hub
Service Hub Relaunch
- What is it about:The new improved Service Hub unlocks a new sales motion on bundling Service Hub with Sales Hub enabling HubSpot to be the service solution of choice for any mid-market or small business.
- What are the features: There are three components to the Customer Service solution; Helpdesk, Ominichannel service and the fully integrated CRM & automation. The new features within the help desk are customer portal, customer views in shared inbox and the mobile inbox alongside the already existing ones; inbox, agent presence, knowledge base and conversation forwarding. Omnichannel service now has inbound calling and post chat feedback alongside the existing features, chat bots, FB messenger, in app chats and conversation intelligence. The fully integrated CRM & Automation now has custom surveys, SLAs and Service Analytics alongside the ticket pipelines, ticket automation and customer feedback surveys.
- What are the benefits: Some of the features have already been rolled out and we’ve reviewed them in our previous HubSpot update blog posts. However, as the entire Service Hub is now relaunched the features create a comprehensive customer service solution improving not only the customer support but the overall customer experience as well.
Conversation APIs (BETA)
- What is it about: HubSpot is releasing new conversation APIs for conversations over existing channels such as email, live chat and Facebook messenger. These APIs allow developers to retrieve information about their customer communications, leave new comments or outgoing messages, subscribe to events about conversations threads and messages - all this from outside the conversation inbox.
- What are the benefits: With the conversation APIs you’re able to retrieve conversation data into external tools for more detailed reporting and analytics. You can also integrate conversation to external tools such as Slack, Microsoft Teams or other similar custom-built systems to enable replies or to receive notifications. You can even run advanced business logics in external systems and send back results as a comment to the receiver. This comes in handy, for example, when providing real-time context based on a message content. The update is currently in BETA so you may have to ask for access.
Allow end-users to see all tickets from their company (BETA)
- What is it about: HubSpot has a new setting added in the Service Hub’s customer portal configuration allowing end-users to see all tickets from their company in the customer portal and not just their own personal ones.
- What are the benefits: This update definitely helps deflect duplicative support tickets from being filed making it also easier for everyone in the company to stay on the same page when it comes to open communication regarding support issues. The update is currently in BETA and will be available for Service Hub Pro and Enterprise users.
CRM & Integrations
Ensure Proper Access with Field-Level View Permissions
- What is it about: Add field level view-permissions to properties to decide which users are able to view information in a certain property.
- What are the benefits: This is definitely a long-awaited HubSpot update and has been requested by many! With this update, HubSpot users have control over who can see certain properties and whether they’re standard HubSpot properties or custom created properties. Set view-permissions within property settings. The update is available for HubSpot Enterprise users.
Workflow sync to Sandboxes (BETA)
- What is it about: Sync workflows to your Sandbox account alongside lists, forms and automated emails.
- What are the benefits: Previously HubSpot users were able to sync existing lists, forms and automated emails to the sandbox account but with this update users can start syncing workflows as well. The update enables you to run tests, for example, with a custom coded workflow action creating a smooth transition between your live instance and your sandbox account. The update is currently in BETA so you may have to ask your CAM or CC for access.
Calling integrations available to all HubSpot users
- What is it about: Calling integrations are now available to all HubSpot users, including free.
- What are the benefits: You can use any of HubSpot’s over 70 calling integrations to place calls to your contacts to their records in HubSpot. The most popular integrations are, for example, Aircall, UberConference, CallRail, Dialpad and JustCall. This update enables all users starting from free to be able to utilize the HubSpot functionalities while using a third party provider.
HubSpot App for Zoom meetings
- What is it about: HubSpot has launched a new in-meeting app allowing users to use HubSpot within the Zoom meetings they’re hosting.
- What are the benefits: With this freshly launched app you can, for example, retrieve meeting participants’ existing HubSpot contact records during the meeting. You can also create new contact records or add notes to the contact records while the Zoom meeting is running.
User Permissions Audit Log
- What is it about: Super admins can now access logs of users’ permissions to see changes made over time.
- What are the benefits:With this new update users have more visibility into the details of each user’s permissions, including: what permissions were assigned or removed, when were the changes made and which user made changes to the permissions.